Despite the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, the assets under management held within Responsible Investment funds now stands at £158 Billion – up 14% from the previous six months. The ninth Good Investment Review
, brought to you from 3D Investing and Good With Money, highlights this growth in responsible investment and how sustainable funds have outperformed the sector average over the last five years – and in particular throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
John Fleetwood, founder of 3D Investing and Director of Responsible and Sustainable Investing at Square Mile, argues “positive impact need not come at the expense of financial returns, and if anything, investing for positive impact can improve returns.”
This latest edition aims to shed a light on the different approaches to Responsible Investment and clear up some of the confusion around the terminology. The review also covers the recent developments in the 3D Investing methodology for identifying and verifying a fund or fund manager’s responsible investment credentials and credibility.
The review includes the full list of funds which hold a 3D Investing Impact Rating, for those funds where the majority of the holdings are demonstrating a significant positive contribution to the relevant UN Sustainable Development Goals.
It also features must-read commentary from some of the UK’s top fund managers, including:
- Victoria Leggett and Mathieu Nègre, Union Bancaire Privèe
- Mike Appleby, Liontrust
- Seb Beloe, Wheb
- Marjorie Winfrey, Wellington Management
- Ed Heaven, Montanaro Asset Management
- Noelle Cazalis and David Harrison, Rathbones
- Marc-Olivier Buffle and Cèdric Lecamp, Pictet Asset Management
- Eva Cairns, Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Meg Brown, Impax Asset Management
- Deidre Cooper, Ninety One
- Ben Constable-Maxwell, M&G Investments
- William de Vries, Triodos Investment Management
- George Critchley, Pennine Wealth Solution
Currently rated by 0 people